Odd colours following Paste (Mac)

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Simon Knight

Odd colours following Paste (Mac)

Post by Simon Knight » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm

When I copy a section of code from the IDE and paste it into another app the text colours and not being honoured. The text in the screen shot, attached, shows the feature where the top portion is a direct copy and paste and the lower portion is a copy from a PDF opened in Preview.

While I can live with the workaround of output to PDF then copy I find it odd that the direct copy does not work as expected. Is this a common feature or due to some obscure setting on my machine e.g. paste like you are on acid :true?

Skids
Attachments
temp.tiff
screenshot
temp.tiff (78.45 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
best wishes
Skids

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Odd colours following Paste (Mac)

Post by dunbarx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi.

Not exactly sure what you mean.

It looks like the "text colors" are coming over in each version. Is the lower portion a pdf of code in the same script editor, and that version, when pasted, changes its aspect as opposed to the "direct" copy and paste?

I never want this sort of thing in any case. I made a little library utility that takes formatted text and transforms it into plain text. Solves a lot of issues...

Craig Newman

Simon Knight

Re: Odd colours following Paste (Mac)

Post by Simon Knight » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi Craig,

Sorry for being confusing. What I meant was that if I copy a code snip from the IDE and paste it into Apple's TextEdit application the colours are changed. Its as if they have been turned up to maximum with the amber becoming yellow, subdued green getting bright and so on.

The screen shot shows two snips, the upper portion is text pasted into TextEdit, the lower portion is text copied and pasted from a PDF created by the IDE.

However, I am coming around to your idea about sticking with plain text.

Skids
best wishes
Skids

Return to “Talking LiveCode”