Standalone file upload

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

Standalone file upload

Post by simon.schvartzman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi, I have been working on this app that without user intervention takes a picture at regular intervals and saves it to the mobile device album. Some of you have helped me a lot to accomplish it...

But now I hit another wall...I would like the picture to be uploaded, also without user intervention ...

I first thought that once the picture is saved on the album it would automatically sync to Apple or Google Photos but I learned that while LC stack is running nothing else happens so it doesn't work.

Then I thought about sending the picture attached to an email, but "mobileComposeMail" still requires the user to hit "Send"

What would be the simplest way to achieve my goal? mergDropbox seems to be a good option but I wonder if there are other alternatives.

Also I haven't been able to find a mergDropbox example stack, so would appreciate if somebody point me out to where I can get it.

As always, many thanks in advance to the community members that are so kind to help!
Simon

Return to “Talking LiveCode”