Talking to an API

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Talking to an API

Post by mwieder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Having the proxy in the middle no doubt complicates things, but... a socket error 10061 is a "forcibly rejected by the server" error.
If there were no proxy involved, this would mean that the server you're attempting to connect to rejected the attempt.
With the proxy it could also mean that the proxy server rejected the attempt to go through the https port, and in that case reconfiguring the proxy server *should* take care of the issue.

Edit: if it helps any, by default the https protocol uses port 443.

Nakia

Post by Nakia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Morning,

Thanks again for everyones comments, it really does help.
So, this morning I did a little further testing a I have been able to confirm the proxy is set up for HTTPS.

(I did this buy configuring my web browser to use the proxy setup for me and loaded the HTTPS URL)
Interestingly though, the first timeI did this the browser flagged the certificate as invalid and I had to confirm I wanted to proceed. After I did this the first time the page would load with out
any futher issues.

So,
This leads me to believe the proxy is working fine...

I am going to do some wireshark capture today (thanks for the port number) and see what I can find...

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 am

Sounds good. As long as your setting libUrlSetSslVerification false you shouldn't have to worry about the invalid certificate.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”