Semi Corrupt Stack

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

thehat
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Semi Corrupt Stack

Post by thehat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Apparently, while trying to rename a stack I used a name that was taken. At this point, LiveCode would not let me do anything. Eventually, I needed to force quit. The Stack reopened and functioned properly. When I tried to fix the problem substack, no Luck.

No part of this stack shows up in the project browser.

I put all substacks in a field and set the field to open the substacks. All open except the problem substack. The problem substack is listed in the field but will not open.

After I use the stack it appears to continue functioning properly and saves any changes,

I can close all windows except the Home window in the normal “quit and save script”. That script originally closed all windows in the stack. Now it saves and closes all but the home stack. That window will close only if I close it from the LiveCode Menu or the message box. At this point, I cannot quit LiveCode from the menu or the message box. I need to go to the Apple Menu to “Force Quit”.

The stack was written and is being run in 7.1.3. If I run a copy in 9.0 I get the same results.

I hope this make some sense.

Thanks for any ideas.

bogs

Re: Semi Corrupt Stack

Post by bogs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm

While what you said makes sense to me, I've never been able to pull a stack back from that particular problem :?

Hopefully someone that has had more success doing so will chime in soon.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Good to see you here, even if for something annoying. Call me and we can walk through some diagnostics.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

thehat

Post by thehat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 pm

Thank you, Richard. :D Will do.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”