undecipherable errors messages

Discussion about LiveCode Global Jam events and activities

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

Post Reply
jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

undecipherable errors messages

Post by jameshale » Sat May 24, 2014 4:08 am

Thanks to DP5 I can at least get further in opening my app (which uses the GLX App Framework) although I have yet to get right into it.
What is throwing me is the error messages I get.

e.g. card "Dual Pane": execution error at line 2 (Operators -: error in left operand), char 1

looks ok but it is pointing to a global declaration -> global gdisplayed_page

why doesn't this make sense?
1. there are no operators i this statement
2. this is a definition/declaration

Then there was the previous error which gave me a script line number (13999) supposedly in a script that only has 6903 lines.

I have no idea where the problem lies but wonder if this sort of thing has hit others.

James

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3901
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:54 am
Location: Palo Alto

Re: undecipherable errors messages

Post by Simon » Sat May 24, 2014 4:13 am

Hi James,
I wonder what would happen if you changed "global gdisplayed_page" to something really odd e.g. "global gd1splayed_pag3"?
My thinking is that global may be used somewhere else (GLX)? Though I'm not even sure that is possible.

Simon
Edit... That would also explain an error on line 13999 out of 6903, the global would work both ways.
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: undecipherable errors messages

Post by jameshale » Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 am

I am not sure about that.
The global declaration is one of four global declarations (it was the third).
I am wondering if it is related to the XML/zip errors I am getting (not specific but problematic) as the variable is a value I take from a zipped XML file (a file reference, part of an ePub). This in turn could be from the unidecode/uniencode I am doing on each file in the zip archive.

Post Reply

Return to “LiveCode Global Jam”