Database action front scripts

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kpeters

Database action front scripts

Post by kpeters » Tue May 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Help tells me that database actions are inserted as front scripts. Help also tells me to view front & back scripts via the Message window.

However, when trying to do so I do not see these front scripts (I have hooked up four buttons to perform the 4 db navigation actions).

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,
Kai

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Janschenkel » Thu May 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Kai,

Open the Messsage Box - use the buttons at the top of this window to display the 'Front Scripts' panel - then tick the checkbox 'Show Revolution UI Front Scripts' - now you'll see a line 'revDatabase' appear in the list.
You can doubleclick this to see how the database query linked objects are implemented. However, you'd better have a look at the following explanation by Richard Gaskin about what front scripts really are and how they fit into the Revolution paradigm.
http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/arti ... _path.html

What exactly are you looking for?

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

kpeters

Post by kpeters » Thu May 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks Jan ~

I did all of that before and did see the 'revDatabase' and didn't bother to look at it since I expected there to be 4 separate scripts (one each for the four buttons with the different naviagtion actions).

I am just snooping around and trying to learn - no other reason.

Thanks,
Kai

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”