groups wont stay grouped!

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

calvi

groups wont stay grouped!

Post by calvi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:44 am

I have found that objects grouped on a card no longer stay grouped. I suspect this may be due to script on the stack or card....or is their a fundamental point I am missing?

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:46 am

Dear calvi,

Could you describe exactly what you are doing?

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

calvi

Post by calvi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:32 am

if I open a new stack and add two buttons to a card and group them (call them "previous next" for example), then that group can be edited as a group and placed on other cards.
If I inlcude a simple script on the stack such as:
[on mouseup
set visible of group "previous next" to false
end mouseup
]
then when clicking over the group "previous next" (pointer mode) each of the buttons is individually highlighted as if the group no longer exists. In fact the option to place it on new cards is no longer available. However the script above continues to work even though the group does not seem to exist???
I know the script is trivial, but it illustrates the issue.
[/code]

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:15 am

Perhaps check under the Edit menu for "Select Grouped Controls"

When this is unchecked then you can select grouped objects, otherwise it selects individual objects in or out of the groups.

Wish there was a keyboard command for that, or cool Adobe type "closed arrow, open arrow" tool in the palette.

calvi

Post by calvi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:58 am

Bill, thanks that has fixed it!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”