Please Enter Your Video Tutorials License Key?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pelkofg053

Please Enter Your Video Tutorials License Key?

Post by pelkofg053 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:10 am

From the Revolution IDE, if I click on 'Documentation', then click on 'Getting Started', then on 'In Depth', I am presented with a list of advanced topics with associated .pdf's and/or video tutorials.

Seemingly, I should be able to download these topics, but I am presented with a dialog asking for my 'Video Tutorials License Key'. The topics are marked with 'Not Available In Demo' and 'Buy Now'; however, I'm not using the demo (using paid-for Studio ver. 2.7.4, build 291 on Win XP).

Any ideas as to how to view or unlock these .pdf's/videos?

Thanks,

George

Death

Post by Death » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:28 am

Mail sales to get your key, I had to do it myself that way...

Why it doesn't just get send with your reg/receipt, I don't know, it doesn't
make any sense to keep people from learning on how to use the product. Nothing
is worse than the frustration of not having the necessary docs/information if one wants to get started.

Anyway, one more thing:
When you get your key, make sure you don't copy and paste it from the HTML
e-mail, it won't work, it has to be plain text...

marc

Post by marc » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:51 am

In the email you got from RunRev containing your Revolution serial number, look further down the page to find the video tutorial access key.

cheers
Marc
Last edited by marc on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rev Studio 2.74/XP/3.2Ghz/1.5Gb ram

Obleo

Re: Please Enter Your Video Tutorials License Key?

Post by Obleo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:26 am

pelkofg053 wrote:From the Revolution IDE, if I click on 'Documentation', then click on 'Getting Started', then on 'In Depth', I am presented with a list of advanced topics with associated .pdf's and/or video tutorials.

Seemingly, I should be able to download these topics, but I am presented with a dialog asking for my 'Video Tutorials License Key'. The topics are marked with 'Not Available In Demo' and 'Buy Now'; however, I'm not using the demo (using paid-for Studio ver. 2.7.4, build 291 on Win XP).

Any ideas as to how to view or unlock these .pdf's/videos?

Thanks,

George
I had this happen also, when I updated from 2.7.3 to 2.7.4, from with in the check for updates with in rev studio, and The video serial did not work to re unlocked it so I emailed support they told me to just re-put in the serial # for revolution from my update pack License to unlock it, and that work great. Not sure why it decided to re-lock an once unlocked feature from one update to another, but I can confirm it did do it and support is aware of it.

hope this helps
-ob

pelkofg053

Post by pelkofg053 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:05 pm

Time to get my glasses checked - I never noticed the tutorial license key in my original purchase e-mail.

I find it curious that there is a seperate key for these few tutorials/pdf's, however.

Thanks,

George

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”