Responsive Layout - again?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Responsive Layout - again?

Post by jameshale » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:54 pm

I realise from my last post that not everyone is using the Responsive Layout to handle control placement but here goes.
I have been using it to great effect to place (well stretch) both a header and footer widget on my stack which will primarily be for iOS, as well as a text field and image. As of a day or so ago, standalones built for Mac and run on the iOS simulator stopped working with respect to the responsive layout.
I have obviously done something that has killed it.
Has anyone got any idea as to what might cause the responsive layout to stop working?
I am using a M1 Mac under Sonoma. This, as I said has been working fine up until a couple of days ago.
I have not installed any updates to the OS since Sonoma was released.
And yes, the responsive layout has been checked in the inclusions for the standalone settings.
Note, things are working fine in the IDE.

Any thoughts??

stam

Re: Responsive Layout - again?

Post by stam » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:37 am

It’s been a long time since I tried it as I didn’t feel this was fit for purpose - inasmuch as 80% of the settings are opaque and impenetrable and once something breaks it’s hard to fix.

I think a much better approach to this would have been to emulate the approach RapidWeaver uses (a Mac web design app) as responsiveLayout seems to be attempting the same bootstrap-style layout management. But no one listens to me ;)

However I have some recollection that the settings are stored as a custom prop and deleting this resets responsiveLayout. Maybe check to see if you can locate the custom prop (presumably in card or stack), delete this to set the anchors again?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”