Is there a way to do this but using livecode? (VB)

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

DavJans

Is there a way to do this but using livecode? (VB)

Post by DavJans » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:16 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in livecode? A coworker of mine is super smart with VB and I am not. I need to convert what he is doing in livecode. I attached some screen shots. He is using a dll and classes, I've never done something like this in livecode. does anyone know if there is some documentation somewhere for me to learn this, if its an option? I have had no luck finding any on my own.
Attachments
Code.png
Reference dll.png
Reference dll.png (8.63 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
classes.png
classes.png (4.39 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm" förutom här

stam

Re: Is there a way to do this but using livecode? (VB)

Post by stam » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:54 pm

It's really not that clear what it is you want to do in liveCode.
Skimming the picture of the VB code, it looks like connecting to an online API but i may be completely wrong.

If this is a correct assumption, then yes you probably can do this in LC.
dll and classes are not used in LC therefore there is no equivalent - it would be a different way of doing this.

Rather than just posting the VB code it would probably help a lot more if you explained what you're trying to achieve.
If this is for an online API you would need to know what the requirements for that API are.

S.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”