Auto Dial Text Message Based Menus

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

wmiriye

Auto Dial Text Message Based Menus

Post by wmiriye » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:49 am

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a challenge in trying to figure out a way for my Android mobile App to automatically dial numbers on a menu that is text based. For example, the app should dial "120#" and launch, wait 3 seconds for a response text with next set of menus options (eg. 1,23,...), then dial "1", wait for another 3 seconds for the next text response with the next menu options, until the process is finished....Basically, I want the app to dial all the "hard coded/scripted options(Numbers)" I put in the LiveCode script for me so I don't have to go through manually and do it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Auto Dial Text Message Based Menus

Post by jacque » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Try the "launch url" command. The dictionary example is:

Code: Select all

launch url "tel:44 7818 8822"
In your case you'd need to change the number to include all the dialing sequences. Adding commas for the wait will give you a brief pause per comma, you'd need to experiment to see how many commas you'd need to stack up to equal 3 seconds.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

wmiriye

Re: Auto Dial Text Message Based Menus

Post by wmiriye » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Thank you, I'll try that.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”