Imported images not getting included if...

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Troy
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Imported images not getting included if...

Post by Troy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 am

[ OSX 10.5.7 / PPC (G5x4) / RevEnterprise 3.5 ]

It seems that if I build a standalone, with "copy referenced files" selected, Rev appropriately copies referenced files into the bundle and can use them - BUT, it looses track of any images which were "imported as controls".

If I don't check "copy referenced files" it does include my imported images, but of course I have to script the location of files which were referenced.

This seems like a bug in the standalone builder. Can anyone with a similar configuration confirm it?

It is a real PITA, because my interface is all designed around imported images, and all the other media is referenced.

akazakana

Me too

Post by akazakana » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. None of the image files that I've imported as controls to serve as backdrops get included with I build a stand alone. Hopefully, someone has an answer to this.

akazakana

One addition...

Post by akazakana » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:10 pm

While images are not getting placed in the stand alone, the small aiff audio files I also imported as controls are.

Troy

Re: One addition...

Post by Troy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:59 pm

akazakana wrote:While images are not getting placed in the stand alone, the small aiff audio files I also imported as controls are.
This pretty much seems to happen if you use "copy referenced files" in the standalone builder. In my case, I had to manually copy referenced files, and script the paths to them.

Note that I have entered a bug into the bugbase... feel free to add your votes. ;-) http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/show_bug.cgi?id=8137

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”