App store submission errors - SOLVED

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

nicoloose

App store submission errors - SOLVED

Post by nicoloose » Wed May 01, 2019 11:14 am

This is my first submission to the App Store.

I have built my app with Trevor's Levure application framework. I have had to edit the info.plist file to cater for NSLocationServices and Beta entitlements. I am now getting a NEW error saying that I since I have edited the info.plist file, the signature is now invalid!!

Running
MAC Mojave 10.14.1
xCode 10.1
Livecode 9.3
IOS 8 and up for build

Steps taken so far after editing info.plist:
  • I removed old code signature "rm -r Payload/LoadScience.app/_CodeSignature"
  • I have re-signed the .ipa file "codesign -f -s "iPhone Distribution: Nicolas Prioleau (xxxxxxxxxx)" Payload/LoadScience.app

The error now talks about "Missing code signing entitlements". I have googled this and the answer has been to remove the CFExecutable Key which I do not have.
The error still talks about missing beta entitlements even though I have included them.

This is solid three day problem! I have no more hair to rip out. Please help!
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 11.03.55.png
Last edited by nicoloose on Wed May 01, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: App store submission errors

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 am

Hello nicoloose,

If you are editing the plist, you have to re-sign the app. The safest way is to do so with the Standalone Builder.

In short, the steps are:

- Create an iOS standalone
- In the standalone .app bundle, find file Info.plist and copy it in a different location (e.g. in your Desktop folder)
- Edit the ~/Desktop/Info.plist file
- Build a *new* standalone, and add the modified ~/Desktop/Info.plist in the "Copy Files" section. Note that including a custom plist will override any changes you make in the iOS standalone settings.

For more details and examples see this lesson:

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/88 ... stom-plist

Kind regards,
Panos
--

nicoloose

Re: App store submission errors

Post by nicoloose » Wed May 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi Panos,

I am using Trevor's Levure framework and I had not included my plist file in the copy files section. By so doing and re-packaging the app, I have managed to submit the app for review.

Thank you for putting my brain back into normal operating order.

Nic

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”