Test stack for audio formats on Mac and Android

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

adxsoft

Test stack for audio formats on Mac and Android

Post by adxsoft » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 am

Hi Folks

I have had trouble with playing audio for a livecode stack that I want to run on Mac and Android so I built the attached stack to test out wav, aiff and mp3 audio formats. The stack deploys to Mac or Android .

The stack has two types of test.

(1) The upper area tests use audio played through the player control (desktop player control and the mobile player control)

(2) The lower are tests audio clips played via the 'play audioclip filename' command

Running on my Mac OSX 10.11.5 and Android Jelly Bean I found that the most reliable format for both platforms was WAV audio files.

AIFF format worked on Mac but not Android (not surprising).

MP3 format worked for player control on desktop and mobile but played some screechy noise via the play audioclip command on desktop

You might find this stack useful for testing.
AudioOnAndroidAndDesktop.livecode.zip
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Cheers
Allan

golife

Re: Test stack for audio formats on Mac and Android

Post by golife » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi adxsoft

I downloaded the test stack. Thank you for the work submitting.

I am using Windows 10 (latest update). I can not produce any sound whatsoever with your stack on Windows. DId you check on Windows? Are there any sound files that should be selected? Or are they imported into the stack?

Well, I did not analyze anything, did not check the scripts and maybe I am missing something, just ran it into the IDE.

Regards golife

adxsoft

Re: Test stack for audio formats on Mac and Android

Post by adxsoft » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:36 am

Hi

I'm on a Mac so haven't tested on Windows.

All you need including the sound files can be found at

https://github.com/adxsoft/AudioOnAndroidAndDesktop

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
Allan

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”