drag datagrid control does not create datagrid

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

THOLIEN

drag datagrid control does not create datagrid

Post by THOLIEN » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:43 pm

I am editing a stack that was originally created in hypercard but has been updated to Livecode Community 9.0. I have several other stacks that behave similar to this one. I have added a datagrid to a card in many other stacks. Now I am adding the same kind of thing to this stack. I thought that maybe my problem had something to do with hcaddressing. But I have set that to false like I have for the other formerly hypercard stacks.

Here is what is happening. In a windows environment I open the card. I click and hold the datagrid control. I drag the cursor to the card. Release mouse. NOTHING. Well, there is something. A small-ish window flashes but I can only notice that it flashed. It was only displayed for a fraction of a second so I was not able to read anything on it. Another possible piece of the puzzle - the properties window that was open prior to dragging the datagrid control onto the window was showing information about the stack - but after trying to add a datagrid (unsuccessfuly) the properties window is showing information for stack "revDragControl". Seemed odd to me. The datagrid control is the only one in the tools menu that does NOT create the control on the card.

Any ideas?

Klaus

Re: drag datagrid control does not create datagrid

Post by Klaus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Does it work if you just doubleclick the DataGrid icon in the Tools palette?

THOLIEN

Post by THOLIEN » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Exact same result.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Please try to trash the LC preferences, cures mot of LCs inconveniences. :-)

Enter this in the message box to see where it sits on your hd:
put the filename of stack "revpreferences"

Quit LC, delete that file and start again.

THOLIEN

Post by THOLIEN » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:28 pm

That definitely made a few things work. Thanks. Do I want to know what I just did? Or accept the fact that it works for the moment and I have absolutely no explanation why? :D

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 pm

If it helps, I also have no idea why trashing the prefs stack really helps in most cases!? :D

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”