button characteristic different for similar stacks

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

THOLIEN

button characteristic different for similar stacks

Post by THOLIEN » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:56 pm

I am inheriting the maintenance of a few stacks.

I have two stack files called “AI Frames 5.0” and “Flex Frames 5.0”. I thought the two stacks were nearly identical. Not the case. Option menu buttons are behaving differently between the two.
STACK properties between the two stacks are the same.
BUTTON properties between the two stacks are different.

The button on Flex Frames has a property inspector title of “card button “Lamps””.
The button on “AI Frames” has a property inspector title of “button “Lamps””.

If I drag out an option menu button onto each of the stacks, the new buttons “Look” the same but their properties are not the same – one is a card button, one is a button. (Same thing happens for other field types dragged onto stack.)

When I look at the project browser the buttons are listed in the tree in different locations. (see attachment)
Button1.png
two different tree configuration
Is there an explanation to all this?

My main problem is that I need to change the menu options for the button on the “Flex Frames” stack. How can I get “Flex Frames” stack to be similar to the “AI Frames” stack?

Klaus

Re: button characteristic different for similar stacks

Post by Klaus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi THOLIEN,

hello and welcome to the forum! :D

"card button" sound like this has been an HyperCard Stack in its earlier life, is that correct?
You can check: the hcaddressing of stack xyz

New stacks have set this property to FALSE and you should also set this to FALSE for your stack(s).
However I am not sure if this is the reason for the differently behaving option menu buttons, but worth a try.

Concerning your screenshot, the Project Browser is not very reliable. Did you close and reopen it again?
Maybe then it will display everything correctly.

Hope that helps!

Best

Klaus

THOLIEN

Post by THOLIEN » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Good to be in the forum. Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, this was a hypercard stack in a previous life. I am not familiar with hcaddressing. Can this be set in custom properties of stack inspector?

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:18 pm

THOLIEN wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 pm
Yes, this was a hypercard stack in a previous life. I am not familiar with hcaddressing. Can this be set in custom properties of stack inspector?
I don't think so, but you can use the message box for this:

Code: Select all

set the hcaddressing of stack "name of your stack here" to FALSE
hit ENTER and that's it. :-)

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi.

No, the hcAddressing is a gadget to make the "card" and "background" distinction in HC stacks more compatible with LC and its newer "group" paradigm.

You cannot change it in LC, or lots of stuff would break. The best bet is to make all the modifications required to change the stack into an LC friendly one.

Craig Newman

THOLIEN

Post by THOLIEN » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:23 pm

I never would have found that. Thank you. At first look this appears to have resolved the issues I've been dealing with.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”