Printing Regression Bug in LC 9 DP11 and 8.1.8rc 2?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Lagi Pittas
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Printing Regression Bug in LC 9 DP11 and 8.1.8rc 2?

Post by Lagi Pittas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi

I've just spent a couple of happy hours trying to get something working that has always worked (and still does) in V6.7.11 but doesn't work in 9.0 DP11 and 8.1.8 rc2 - didn't try any others. (those were the only 2 others I had installed)

Basically I have a report with a text field in which I underline certain lines - the card on screen shows the underlines but does not print them out.

After "playing" with the stack , recreating the card, the stack, the field , changing fonts etc etc, I then assumed it was a corrupt stack, so I crreated a brand new stack with a card with a list box and a text box on it. I added some content and underlined it via the message box - Same problem. So I saved in 5.5 Legacy format and loaded the stack inV 6.7.11 and lo and behold it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHaNo54iTHo

Can anyone confirm this or am I just half asleep and deluding myself that it works in LC 6

Update
---------
Just installed 8.1.9 STABLE for windows (all are for Windows btw) and the same problem exists.

Regards Lagi
underlinetest.PNG
underlinetest.PNG (6.94 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”