Widget sources?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

yeldarb

Widget sources?

Post by yeldarb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 pm

I've come across references to widgets and extending LC, and I know there are a lot of additional widgets in LC9. But I can't seem to find any central repository or director for widgets. I'm just looking for a decent progress bar, and I've looked at mobGui but that looks defunct. LC is great, but there needs to be a better way to find and add third party libraries.

bogs

Re: Widget sources?

Post by bogs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Heh, funny you should mention it (the following shamelessly ripped off from the Ed Sullivan show),
"Tonight, right here on our forums, along with Poppo Giigio, the Progress Bar Widget!"

About finding a central repository for such, the only one I can think of would be the user samples one. Dunno if they still link to it in the IDE (but I suspect they do). You can reach it in the IDE for all the versions I have/use, or you can go to your web browser at this address.

livecodeali
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by livecodeali » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Most of the widgets included in livecode, Plus a few more, have their source code available here: https://github.com/livecode/livecode/tr ... ns/widgets

There is in fact a progress bar widget that we did not seem sufficiently polished to include- you could potentially make use of this.

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm

By the way, I forgot to mention you don't need a widget or anything external to make fairly fancy progress bars. And I found another thread about another way to go about it here. I believe Scott Rossi also had some interesting ideas about this subject, I remember seeing a video of him at an Lc talk where he was showing off stuff that looked fantastic, and was (fairly) easy to reproduce.

shaosean

Post by shaosean » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am

There is also the widget store. Tools > Extension Manager

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:38 am

Yeah. I'm sure that'll work some day.
JackieChan.jpg

Klaus