Washed out datagrid lines

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lohill

Washed out datagrid lines

Post by lohill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

I have an application that was probably originally created in some version of LiveCode 6 but has been migrate successfully to LiveCode 7 and compiled versions run on both Macs and PCs. I wanted to migrate it to LiveCode 8.1.6 but when I did so I noticed that on the PC side, any time a data grid line was selected, any previously selected datagrid line would get this washed out appearance (i.e. the black text gets turned to white text) and it stays that way until the datagrid has its data refreshed.

I then downloaded LC 8.1.6 to my PC to look at the application there. All but one of the grids in my application behaved the same way while in the IDE. I then created a new stack and placed a datagrid on it and manually gave it a few lines of data. Those lines when selected maintained their ink color whether or not they were selected. Using the inspector I compared the properties for the new grid with the properties for my application's grids and aside from the columns and and the contents they were the same.

Are there any suggestion on how this problem can be fixed without recreating all those datagrids?

Thanks,
Larry

lohill

Re: Washed out datagrid lines

Post by lohill » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 pm

I found it. In my special handling for the datagrid I had commented out a line in the code below (the one with the asterisks).

Code: Select all

setprop dgHilite pBoolean
    -- This custom property is set when the highlight of your column template has
   -- changed. You only add script here if you want to customize the highlight.
    if pBoolean then
        set the foregroundcolor of me to the dgProp["hilited text color"] of the dgControl of me
    else
        set the foregroundcolor of me to empty     --*****
    end if
end dgHilite
Worked on a Mac and PC prior to Version 8. A lot easier to fix than reconstructing the datagrid.

Larry

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”