Weird behavior of compiled app for windows

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

D4vidrim
Livecode Opensource Backer

Weird behavior of compiled app for windows

Post by D4vidrim » Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm having a wired issue with LiveCode 8.1.3 business edition.
I've made an app for windows in order to connect to an Oracle Database. There are some issues, mainly because this version of LiveCode does not include oracle driver, therefore I hade to copy oracle driver from an old version of LiveCode to the newer one.
Anyway, it works and the compiled app does connect to the database on most of the computers we use in our company.
The weird thing is that there are 2 PC where oracle connection does not work and the app unexpectedly stops working right when the app opens the database connection. On those 2 PC I haven't found anything different from the others!
But, guess what, if I install LiveCode 8.1.3 on these PCs and I compile the exact same stack on them, the new compiled app works just fine. None of them works on the other PC, except the one I've compiled on the same PC where I use it.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

D4vidrim

Re: Weird behavior of compiled app for windows

Post by D4vidrim » Tue May 16, 2017 6:24 pm

One more thing, on both those PC, when I installed LiveCode for the first time it gave me an error: it could not write something into the registry. Then I tried again to install it and it worked. The very same thing happened on both PCs.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”