Any UDP client optimized for android? or PC?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Monox18

Any UDP client optimized for android? or PC?

Post by Monox18 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:02 am

Hello forum,

I've built a project that can communicate with the PC via UDP commands. The communication is direct, no server. Using a Wifi Local Area Network. No need for internet. Basically I have 2 private IPs on ports 25000 and use them to send and receive UDP packages.

I'm thinking of changing the generic PC client which I can't program, and have to type every command, to an App for my android which I want to make a fancier design. And here is where the beauty from LiveCode comes in!

So my question, is there any stack ready for a quick UDP communication using android? - Sending and receiving 10 characters lines is all I'm looking for - I don't have knowledge in the low level layers of communication. If that's not possible, is there anything ready for PC? I would prefer using my phone to control my project but if I can't, a PC would do just as fine.

Find attached an Screenshot of the client which I want to replace

Tnx!
Monox.
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-04-10 22.59.03.png
PC Client
Monox
Developing a Cyber Physical System.
https://www.monoxware.com/

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”