fullscreenmode in latest build

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bertBUSIbr8

fullscreenmode in latest build

Post by bertBUSIbr8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi,

Last year I made a kiosk app for a Win10 Surface 3 tablet.

Works fine but needs some modifications now and I ran into an issue with fullscreenmode.

The build from last year works as expected, fullscreen of the stack to true and fullscreenmode to showAll.

Now, using 8.1.3 [after I ran into the problem with 8.1.2] that doesn't work anymore and the app doesn't scale properly and show at what looks like to me 2x size. Taken my working project from last year and save as a standalone doesn't fit the screen anymore either so looks like it's something with the LiveCode build?

The app is build at 1920x1280 which is also the screen resolution. I have HiDPI scaling on in the build settings but on or off doesn't make a difference.

Any know issues?

Regards,

Bert

bertBUSIbr8

Re: fullscreenmode in latest build

Post by bertBUSIbr8 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi,

As part of the modifications I had to make, I did a reset/reinstall of the system which resulted in the display setting defaulting back to displaying everything at 150%.

Forgotten about that...

So there you go, in case you have a similar problem.

Bert

Lagi Pittas
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Lagi Pittas » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi Bert,

Reset / Reinstall of which system? The tablet or Livecode or Windows?

Would definitely be good to know for future reference.

Lagi

bertBUSIbr8

Post by bertBUSIbr8 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi Lagi,

I did a reset of the Surface 3.

Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Reset this PC

The system was due a refresh after almost a year of running as a kiosk. But that made a setting in Settings > System > Display default back to "Change the size of text, apps and other items: 150%". Turning that back to 100% made it ok again.

One this I don't get here though: When I ran the original app I made last year after the System Reset, it ran fine, filed the screen as expected no problem. When I save that same source file again as a standalone, it showed up enlarged at 150%. No idea why, but all is ok now after setting that setting back to 100%.

Hope it'll be of some use to someone one day.

Bert

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”