Invisible iOS MobileControl scrollers still gets scroll

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

trevix

Invisible iOS MobileControl scrollers still gets scroll

Post by trevix » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 am

I have a group A that has a native (iOS) scroll: mobileControlSet "MyScrollerA", "scrollingEnabled", true
Another hidden scrolling, group B (working as a pop list), cover partially the group A .

I noticed that even if I disable the hidden scroller B (mobileControlSet "MyScrollerB", "scrollingEnabled", false), in the area where the two groups overlap the scroll touch of group A does not works.

My questions are:
1) why in the hell an invisible mobile scroller still receive the scroller touch?
2) why a disabled mobile scroller overlapping another one, prevents this last one from getting the scroll touch?

Any help is appreciated.
Trevix
Trevix
OSX 14.3.1 xCode 15 LC 10 DP7 iOS 15> Android 7>

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Invisible iOS MobileControl scrollers still gets scroll

Post by jacque » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:37 pm

Native controls are always active until deleted. A hidden control does not draw its content but the container is always there. If scrolling is disabled, it still receives messages, it just doesn't respond to them. Think of it as a clear pane of glass floating over everything else.

Scrollers are very quick to create and delete. Your best bet is to delete the popup scroller when not in use and recreate it when it's needed.

The current behavior may be something that can be changed. A bug report might help.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”