Failed to copy in LC 7.1.4

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Neurox66
Livecode Opensource Backer

Failed to copy in LC 7.1.4

Post by Neurox66 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:56 am

Hello to all,
I was compiling a program that uses mySQL and gives me these errors:

1 MacOSX x86-32, external failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / revdb.bundle"
2 MacOSX x86-32, driver database failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / Database Drivers / dbmysql.bundle"
3 MacOSX x86-32, driver database failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / Database Drivers / dbodbc.bundle"
4 MacOSX x86-32, driver database failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / Database Drivers / dbpostgresql.bundle"
5 MacOSX x86-32, driver database failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / Database Drivers / dbsqlite.bundle"
6 MacOSX x86-32, database file not found driver: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / Database Drivers / dboracle.bundle"
7 MacOSX x86-32, external failed to copy: "/ Applications / LiveCode Indy 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac OS X / x86-32 / Externals / revbrowser.bundle"

The program works perfectly in LC environment.
I've tried to copy by hand the resources that does not find but the app still does not work.
I've tried to include the libraries either automatically or manually in the choice, but the result does not change.
Obviously I can't use previous versions such as the LC 7.1.3 because there are bugs that have been fixed in 7.1.4
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Paolo
Paolo Borzini | paolo@borzini.it
The WhiteFly Software | www.thewhitefly.it
Service on line for printers | www.4pellicole.it

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Failed to copy in LC 7.1.4

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Paolo,

This was a bug in LC 6.7.11 and 7.1.4, and it is caused by incorrect permissions in the Runtime folder.

You have two options:

1. Use LiveCode 8.x (e.g. 8.1.2), where this bug is fixed.

2. Manually change the permissions:

Type in the terminal:

sudo chmod -R 755 /Applications/LiveCode\ Indy\ 7.1.4.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime

Best,
Panos
--

Neurox66

Re: Failed to copy in LC 7.1.4

Post by Neurox66 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank you Panos,
now LC 7.1.4 compiled well!

Regards,
Paolo