"new" JSON library fastJson

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

peter-b

Re: "new" JSON library fastJson

Post by peter-b » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:29 am

Hi Bob,

Could you please add an "annotated tag" to your git repository each time you make a fastJson release with a version number? This will make it show up in the "Releases" list on GitHub and will make it much easier to check what the latest release is!

The Creating Releases in the GitHub documentation has a step-by-step guide to adding a release to your GitHub repository.

Thanks!
LiveCode Open Source Team — @PeterTBBrett — peter.brett@livecode.com

bhall2001

Post by bhall2001 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:27 pm

I'll start creating versions to make it easier. Thanks for the tip.

The solution is really easy to the performance issue. I simply made a case in the parsing switch statement looking for "" and simply returning it.

I have no idea what's happening but I don't think it's a bug in Livecode. I'm suspecting it's something to do with a UTF function getting an empty string where it's expecting no null for strings. Not sure. Didn't take the time to dive into it as I spent so much time trying to figure out what was going on and had to get back to paying projects ;-)

I did put some time into the isNumericalArray() and I'd love for some folks to push it and see if I finally got it right.

Thanks again to everyone for feedback and assistance in debugging this!
Bob

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:01 pm

OK - I submitted a pull request for you.
The isNumericalArray change didn't make it into the library stack, just the .lc file.
And the library is scriptified now, so github can handle the diffs.

Otherwise looks good, and the timing is as good as before.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”