Image Silder?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

DevBoyLars

Image Silder?

Post by DevBoyLars » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:51 am

Hi there,
I know the examples which shows how to use swipe-gestures to swipe between cards, but how can I use this on images?

I'm looking for a way to show the user an image and he can swipe between all images that are available (in the directory) on mobile devices.

Is something like this possible in LiveCode?

charms

Re: Image Silder?

Post by charms » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 am

I don't see any issues with that.

Place an image object on to a card, add the swipe gesture and then each time the swipe is executed and directed to the same card put the url of the next image into the image object. You can read the image names of all the images in a folder in to an array in advance and just count up.

Hope this helps.

viro

Re: Image Silder?

Post by viro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Just made up a stack for your needs.
Works in IDE and Android. Dont forget to give permissions to your standalone for Android!

Fire up stack, browse to your location and click findPics (android) or just click findPics for answer folder dialog.
Swipe the picture to left and right.
Attachments
slideFolder.zip
(3.65 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”