Saving audio recording to variable?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

trenatos

Saving audio recording to variable?

Post by trenatos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:21 am

I'm toying with an idea that includes streaming at least audio between users using sockets, and one of the first things that struck me is that writing to harddrive should be avoided due to the slow speeds of reading and writing, so I'd like to just save it in memory instead, is there a way to record audio to a variable?
Marcus

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Saving audio recording to variable?

Post by LCNeil » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Marcus,

I see that a few LiveCode users have made some suggestions regarding this via your stackOverFlow post-

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2236 ... n-livecode

Hopefully these are of some assistance

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

trenatos

Re: Saving audio recording to variable?

Post by trenatos » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 am

Hi Neil,

Uhm, no?

One person points out that I'm not "saving" I'm "streaming" (That's all he points out..) and the other person says that what I'm trying to do is impossible, and describes a problem he had with a similar problem with previous versions of LC.

Not sure how that would help, other than dissuade me from trying to find a solution with LC.

I'm well aware of other solutions, but my goal was to implement it using specifically LiveCode.
Marcus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”