Making noises

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Andycal

Making noises

Post by Andycal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:48 pm

It seems that the only native way for RunRev to make a noise is using the 'beep' command.

Is there any other way of doing it? I'm specifically looking for something that will enable me to alter pitch, volume etc.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi Andy!

I really wish there was a good way to make music with Revolution. I would love to be able to send midi commands directly to QuickTime.

It might be possible to create midi files in Revolution and play thos ein a player object, but you will need to know the midi format.

OK, I thought this was the 1000th post, but I am not so sure now. Does the URL say anything about the number of the post or subject?

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

mcgrath3
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Music and sounds

Post by mcgrath3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:38 pm

You can use my iTunes Library Suite to control a series of sounds stored in an iTunes playlist from within revolution and you can convert sound formats and change the BPM etc.

It might not be what your looking for but it does give us more options with sounds and Music.

HTHs
Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath@comcast.net

TheBeat

Making noises

Post by TheBeat » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi,

check out the midiBuilder by Kurt kauffman

best , Beat

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 pm

There is a library stack called shakobox, that access 128 built in quicktime MIDI instruments at Hyperactive web site for revolution Link

It is pretty neat and worth checking out.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”