(libSOAP) 3rd party library best practice

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Clarkey

Re: (libSOAP) 3rd party library best practice

Post by Clarkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks for confirming the carriage return was a non-issue.

I hadn't even noticed the "SOAP-ENV" vs. "soapenv" - Salesforce is happily accepting the former in the custom property I created, so I concur with your view that this is also a non-issue.

Yes, the example Salesforce code I sent has 2 additional namespaces. All the calls I have looked at so far seem to have the one with the "urn" ID but the second varies on a call-specific basis. I've changed my custom property to have a placeholder into which I can replace the various call-specific namespaces.

The call I've been using for testing has just the "urn" namespace. I wasn't using the SOAP.AddNamespace() function - just the additional parameters of the revised SOAP.RPCRequest() - so I'm not sure why this is failing.

I'll focus on getting a few more calls working with the Salesforce-specific custom property and then I'll provide feedback on the common requirement. Given the variations on a per-call basis, it may be that the right approach is to create a Salesforce-specific SOAP library - with its own custom property and call-specific functions - that then uses libSOAP as a transport mechanism.

Thanks for playing :D
Best,
Keith..

cloudhugger

Post by cloudhugger » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Hey Keith,

Did you ever get a salesforce soap library up and running? I ask because I am thinking of trying to 'port' something i wrote over from titanium that uses The new API, but wanted to see if you built anything first...

Cheers.

Clarkey

Post by Clarkey » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:15 pm

It got parked at the design stage, as without a production version of LiveCode Server (now delivered) and a decent, player-free web deployment option (still no news on even an ETA for an updated player) my project wasn't feasible in LiveCode.
Good luck!
Keith..

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”