MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or above

This is the place to get technical support and discuss all things to do with MergEXT

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, monte

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by jacque » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:58 pm

Just an update. Replacing the original manifest in the LC bundle with my own still generates an error about being unable to generate the manifest, so I think your fix didn't carry over to 7.0.4. Disappointing. There is currently no way to target tablets in the Play Store while still supporting pre-Honeycomb versions. I'll put in a request in the QCC.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

monte
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:47 am
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by monte » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 am

What changes are you making to the manifest template? My change doesn't involve changing the one in the LC bundle but if you did that that should work fine. I've done it a number of times myself which is why I made the change to allow one in the copy files. It may not be removing manifest.xml from the list of files to copy (I'd need to check that) but it should still use it as the template file.
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 am

Here is my custom manifest. I added xlargeScreens and uses-sdk android:targetSdkVersion:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
          package="${IDENTIFIER}"
          android:versionCode="${VERSION_CODE}"
          android:versionName="${VERSION_NAME}"
          ${INSTALL_LOCATION}>
${PUSH_PERMISSIONS}
${USES_PERMISSION}${USES_FEATURE}
  <uses-sdk
      android:targetSdkVersion="11"
      android:minSdkVersion="${MIN_SDK_VERSION}" />
  <supports-screens
      android:xlargeScreens="true"
      android:largeScreens="true"
      android:normalScreens="true"
      android:smallScreens="false"
      android:anyDensity="true" />
  <application android:label="${LABEL}" ${ICON} android:debuggable="false">
    <activity android:name="${NAME}"
      android:theme="${THEME}"
      android:screenOrientation="${ORIENTATION}"
      android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation"
      android:windowSoftInputMode="stateHidden"
      android:launchMode="singleTask">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
      ${CUSTOM_URL_FILTER}
    </activity>
    ${SERVICE}
    ${RECEIVER}
    ${PUSH_RECEIVER}
    ${AD_ACTIVITY}
  </application>
</manifest>
I name the text file "manifest.xml" and include it in Copy Files. It is not used as the template, instead it is placed as-is (with no variable substitutions) inside the assets folder like any other copied file. The root folder contains a file named "AndroidManifest.xml" which is a binary file that is not visibly xml, and which is what the standalone builder creates. Below is a screenshot of what I get when I deconstruct the apk and look at the contents.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.12.17 PM.png
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:20 am

I should probably add that I'm only assuming the AndroidManifest.txt file isn't using my customizations because of the presence of my custom file in the assets folder. It's hard to tell exactly what the binary file contains (is it compressed somehow?)

Besides trying it in Copy Files, I also tried just replacing the LC template with my revised manifest file. That's when I got the error from standalone builder saying it couldn't create the manifest.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

monte
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:47 am
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by monte » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 am

Hmm... is the target sdk lower than the min sdk? It should be the same or higher.
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Minneapolis MN
Contact:

Re: MergAndroid audio record did not work on LC v 6.7.2 or a

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Yeah, it's built for Gingerbread (2.3, SDK 9) and targets Honeycomb (3.0, SDK 11.)

If you get a chance in your copious free time, maybe you could see if you can build an Android app using my manifest and LC 7.0.4. But only if you feel like it, I know you're pretty busy.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Post Reply

Return to “MergEXT”