New External Request - TestFlight App SDK

This is the place to get technical support and discuss all things to do with MergEXT

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller, monte

robl
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

New External Request - TestFlight App SDK

Post by robl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Monte:

Have you ever looked at the TestFlight SDK yo see if it can be wrapped into a LiveCode external (and become a new MergEXT)? I am not sure if the Symbolication parts will work correctly with LiveCode, but there are several other features that an app developer / app tester would find useful - checkpoints, in-app updates, session information, and in-app feedback for examples. I think it would be a great addition to the MergEXT suite of add-ins.

If not, I may try my hand at creating an external. It looks to be a fairly simple library, maybe only 8-10 function calls that need to be exposed to LC.

monte

Re: New External Request - TestFlight App SDK

Post by monte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 am

Hi @robl

I've thought about it to use in combination with mergTestApp. You are right it would not be complicated to implement. Ideally it would be nice to be able to overload put and send it to TFLog rather than NSLog but that would require some engine changes. We would need dSYM files for the engine in order to do the symbolication part but for the most part LiveCoders would just be interested in translating thrown errors and it wouldn't be that hard to have a library that did that and automatically logged the translation.

Cheers

Monte
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

Return to “MergEXT”