SQL YOGA and LC 6.x

This is the place to post technical queries about SQL Yoga

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller, trevordevore

jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

SQL YOGA and LC 6.x

Post by jameshale » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:34 am

I have been away fro LC since just before the release of V6 and have only downloaded the updates without really spending anytime with them, until today.
I have an app using SQLYoga written in LC5.5 which worked well.
Tried it in LC6.1, LC6.12 and LC6.5 and each time I tried a search using my SQLYoga routines I get an error.
An alert comes up "an error with SQL has occurred"
And the message box shows the following...

Code: Select all

sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,Database Error: near "FROM": syntax error (SELECT  FROM line_text WHERE line_text.content MATCH 'release')
sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,dbconn_openCursor (2747)
sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,stack "/Users/jehale/Development_Projects/Revolution projects/Reader2/AnoText new db schema - FTS - LC5.5/components/sql_yoga.rev"
sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,sqlquery_retrieve (4872)
sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,stack "/Users/jehale/Development_Projects/Revolution projects/Reader2/AnoText new db schema - FTS - LC5.5/components/sql_yoga.rev"
sqlyoga_executesql_err,0,0,sqlquery_retrieveAsArray (4885)
sqlyoga_executesql_err,52,0,search_crumbs
sqlyoga_executesql_err,52,0,stack "Index_find" of stack "/Users/jehale/Development_Projects/Revolution projects/Reader2/AnoText new db schema - FTS - LC5.5/components/program.dat"
sqlyoga_executesql_err,4,0,mouseUp
353,4,0,button id 66399 of card id 1025 of stack "/Users/jehale/Development_Projects/Revolution projects/Reader2/AnoText new db schema - FTS - LC5.5/components/program.dat"
As I said this does not occur in LC 5.5 or less.

Has something changed in LC 6.x that SQLyoga doesn't like?

I am using the commercial versions of all LC's

trevordevore

Re: SQL YOGA and LC 6.x

Post by trevordevore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm not aware of any 6.x issues. I'm using the latest version of SQL Yoga in LC 6 without any issues and I haven't had any reports of 6.x issues. It is possible that it is something 6.x related, we will just have to investigate further to see what is going on.

Looking at the error it doesn't look like the SELECT clause is being filled in with any values. What does the code look like that creates the SQL Query object? Are you explicitly setting the select clause or are you relying on SQL Yoga to select all of the fields from the table?

Can you tell me a little bit more about the table you are selecting from? I see FTS in the name of the project. Is it an FTS table?
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps - https://www.screensteps.com

LiveCode Repos - https://github.com/search?q=user%3Atrevordevore+topic:livecode
LiveCode Builder Repos - https://github.com/search?q=user%3Atrevordevore+topic:livecode-builder

jameshale

Post by jameshale » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 am

Thanks Trevor,

I am disappointed you have not had issue ;-)
Means it might be my code that didn't make the jump to 6.x
I will take my app back to its clean state and get it to populate the SQLite db afresh to see where the issue arises.
And yes I am accessing a FTS table.
Hopefully there has not been a change in the SQLite complie.

Will report back.

James

jameshale

Post by jameshale » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Just an update.
After further investigation it seemed there is no FTS module in LC 6.x.
Posted to the user list and dropped an email to run rev support and they confirmed the FTS module had not been compiled for either Mac or IOS for all versions 6.x
Hence sql yoga reporting the error.
They will attend to it in due course (hopefully soon).

Return to “SQL Yoga”