HELP! mobGUITouch not found?

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

activa

HELP! mobGUITouch not found?

Post by activa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi, I know I'm a week behind, but I'm trying to get caught up, I downloaded lesson 2 and when I click on a button I get "group "maps": execution error at line 2 (Handler: can't find handler) near "mobGUITouch", char 1"

So I for some reason the handler mobGUITouch isn't found... and the mobGUI scripts are password protected, so I can't see inside them (which is another question--why are 3rd party libraries locked down--as a developer I should be able to alter them as needed).

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: HELP! mobGUITouch not found?

Post by LCNeil » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi Activia,

This error will be possibly be occurring as you do not have the correct revision of mobGui open when trying to work with this stack. If you open the lesson 2 stack with version 0.29 of mobGui, the mobGUi script will be available and no script error will occur.

You will also be able to use the "Add PreOpenCard code to card script" button when in the test stack and this should automatically load the required mobGUI substack allowing you to run the sample stack with no mobGui present.

MobGui is a 3rd party commercial plugin and this is why the scripts are password protected. The developer has passwords in place to ensure that their scripts cannot be stolen and/or re-used for illegitimate purposes.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

activa

Re: HELP! mobGUITouch not found?

Post by activa » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:40 pm

Neil,

THanks, I was able to work around the issue by simply using the more standard calls (on mouseUp).

The differences between the learning stacks (which were obviously done for an earlier class) and the current rev of mobGUI make the course a bit frustrating, and it appears there's considerably less functionality in the latest version, as well as the documentation being incomplete, but I've managed to figure things out.

I'm hopeful some future version of LIveCode will include skinnable controls that allow for direct integration of mobile skins without a confusing 3rd party add on... is that in the road map?

Thanks,
Brad

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”