Standalone Build

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

newtronsols

Standalone Build

Post by newtronsols » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:21 pm

I think my problems building/testing a standalone app for Android relates to the fact that the builder is trying to build an iOS.. etc version all at the same time - even though these options are not selected.

I think this is linked to the same reason why some of the demo apps don't unzip build standalone. They are also trying to build on iOS as well.

I tested this trying to build a Windows app and noticed it took a long time and that folders with files for iOS and Linux were created.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Standalone Build

Post by LCNeil » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Newtronsols,

If you have created a fresh stack, then the option of selecting for iOS will not be possible and the bug, that we discussed proviously, should not apply.

If you are seeing folders for Linux/Mac, then this would imply that you have one of the desktop standalone settings applied. When you select Android, any desktop platforms will automatically un-check.

If this is not the behaviour you are experiencing, please supply a sample stack and some screenshots and we will happily investigate further.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

newtronsols

Re: Standalone Build

Post by newtronsols » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 pm

The solution was to set the preferences - location of sdk. This was deleted after a freeze of Livecode 6.6. I have gone back to Livecode 6.5.2.

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”