Lesson 3 Locked Up

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Pip

Lesson 3 Locked Up

Post by Pip » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Working through lesson 3 & just tried to run it after completing the coding to load the SQLite database.

When I clicked the SQLite option button, the below error appears

card "contacts": execution error line 28 (Function handler) near "revDataFormQuery", char 11

Now everything is totally locked up & can not even close LC.

Any suggestions?

EOTR

Re: Lesson 3 Locked Up

Post by EOTR » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Are you locked up at the script editor? Like the error appears in the script editor and in the bottom pane is a red x, I think. If so, there is an arrow at the top left of the editor you need to click on to escape the debug mode. I think its a blue arrow. Not sure if this is the problem you're having, but its happened to me before.

Pip

Post by Pip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:10 am

That is where I'm locked up & I've tried clicking the green arrow in the top left, if fact I've tried everything but completely locked up, can't even move the script editor around the screen or close LC.

Looks like a restart.

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by cavenewt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Pip wrote:That is where I'm locked up & I've tried clicking the green arrow in the top left, if fact I've tried everything but completely locked up, can't even move the script editor around the screen or close LC.

Looks like a restart.
It still locks up on me on a fairly regular basis, but I am always able to force quit it, and avoid having to crash the machine.

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:39 pm

EOTR wrote:there is an arrow at the top left of the editor you need to click on to escape the debug mode. I think its a blue arrow.
Hey Pip,
I just ran into an error and realized what the button looks like now; its a blue box. Not arrow. See the attached image. This is what stops the debugging mode and allows you to work again.

You probably tried it already though.
Attachments
stopButton.jpg
debug stop button

Return to “Summer School 2013”