maintaining app window size???

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

walkerl26

maintaining app window size???

Post by walkerl26 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Working on Summer School app: Every time I re-open the app, it gets truncated vertically, even though I followed the directions to click on iPad and Portrait and check the Disable Auto Stack Resize option in MobGUI.

DId I miss a secret step?

Larry

PS: working on a laptop with an external monitor to be able to see a full iPad-sized stack. So LiveCode opens the stack on the laptop screen each time and I have to drag it to the large monitor: is that perhaps the root cause? If so, can I force the stack to open on the second display?

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: maintaining app window size???

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

walkerl26 wrote:Working on Summer School app: Every time I re-open the app, it gets truncated vertically, even though I followed the directions to click on iPad and Portrait and check the Disable Auto Stack Resize option in MobGUI.

DId I miss a secret step?

Larry

PS: working on a laptop with an external monitor to be able to see a full iPad-sized stack. So LiveCode opens the stack on the laptop screen each time and I have to drag it to the large monitor: is that perhaps the root cause? If so, can I force the stack to open on the second display?
Mine opens on my external display. But then I think that's because I moved my menubar to the external display. On a Mac this is easy — Windows, I don't have a clue.

walkerl26

Re: maintaining app window size???

Post by walkerl26 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, System Preferences did put the menubar on the ext monitor when I first set it up, but the physical arrangement of the monitor vs the laptop made that really awkward, so I pulled the menubar back to the laptop screen...

When I downloaded Elanor's finished Lesson 2 stack, it did NOT open at laptop-height, but rather at proper iPad-height, with the bottom portion of the stack window off the bottom of the laptop's screen. When I dragged it to the external monitor, the full window was there, as it should be. Puzzling..

Larry

Return to “Summer School 2013”