iOS Simulator

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

walkerl26

iOS Simulator

Post by walkerl26 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:08 pm

I am also having trouble with the blankety-blank "Unable to start simulation: iOS-Simulator could not install the app" error.

I can test against 5.1 fine, but selecting 6.1 always gives the error.

I have XCode 4.4.1, 4.6 and 4.6.3 installed. I have LC Prefs set to point to all 3 SDKs. In Mobile Support it says:

Available device SDKs: 5.1, 6.1
Available simulators: 5.1, 6.1

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Larry

dbcbos

Re: iOS Simulator

Post by dbcbos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:26 pm

I also get this message, but when you change the device settings by going to Hardware --> Device --> Ipad Retina (or whatever device your building for) then go into the second tab and click summerschool app it does start. Just not when clicking on "test" straight away.

I do not know if it is a bug or that it gives an error since it doesn't follow ipad retina resolution. Or may'be it is because both of us installed 6.1 instead of the rc 6.1.2 that's also available.

walkerl26

Post by walkerl26 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Additional data-point: more testing shows that this problem ONLY seems to happen when I have a MobGUI control in the stack.

I took it out, and can open the simulator OK under 6.1, but if I add it back in, then the error returns.

Other stacks that were never touched by MobGUI appear to open OK under Simulator 6.1

Larry

walkerl26

Post by walkerl26 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:39 pm

dbcbos: I'm not clear on what you mean by "going into the second tab"?

To what second tab in which window of what tool are you referring?

Thanks,

Larry

dbcbos

Post by dbcbos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

1) You press "Test" in the top menu in Livecode
2) IOS Simulator starts with error
3) Go to the top menu in IOS Simulator change Hardware --> Device --> Ipad (or Ipad Retina) (whichever is not selected)
4) The IOS Simulator now shows an IOS environment
5) If you select the second page in IOS (so normally you would swipe to the left) you will see the Summerschool App. Select it and it works like it does in the Livecode Environment. (you might need to scroll up and down to see the app or ios menu since the ipad resolution is pretty big)

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 am

walkerl26 wrote:Additional data-point: more testing shows that this problem ONLY seems to happen when I have a MobGUI control in the stack.

I took it out, and can open the simulator OK under 6.1, but if I add it back in, then the error returns.

Other stacks that were never touched by MobGUI appear to open OK under Simulator 6.1

Larry
Did you click the button at the bottom of the MobGUI window when editing your stack, "Add preOpencard code to card script"? This is apparently something that must be done for MobGUI to be supported in your script.

cavenewt

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am

walkerl26 wrote:I am also having trouble with the blankety-blank "Unable to start simulation: iOS-Simulator could not install the app" error.
I finally got rid of that error by going to the File menu in LC, choose Standalone Application Settings, click on iOS in the top toolbar, and choosing 3.1.3 or later. I believe you do have to have the older Xcode installed and linked via LC Preferences/Mobile Support. Then you have to make sure you have the right target device chosen in LC under Development/Test Target, and in Simulator the right device hardware under the Hardware menu.

BTW I was disconcerted because my simulator always came up inside my application and it was not obvious how to get back to the Home screen. But that is also under the Hardware menu in the Simulator.

Lots of moving parts to keep track of!

drkosta

Post by drkosta » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 am

Need Help,

can´t get the simulator to work right:

Stack: Summerschoolapp created with MobGui 768 x 1024 portrait and added preopenCard code to card script

Testtarget: iPad Simulator 5.1 (6.1 not possible to run)
Hardware (iOS Simulator); ipad

The simulator start, the app starts but it shows me only an iPhone 3 app in the middle of the simulator and only the upper left corner from the stack (see attachments)

Any ideas?

Greetings Kosta
Attachments
desktop.jpg
The stack
iOS Simulator Bildschirmfoto 21.08.2013 09.36.03.png
The Simulator

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 am

Dear drkosta,

Have you enabled deployment only to iPad from your standalone applications settings?

You will be able to see this option in the first screenshot below.

This should result in a full screen application similar to the one shown in the last screenshot

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
--
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 09.15.14.png
last screen
Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 09.11.12.png
first screen

drkosta

Post by drkosta » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks Neil,

thats great. But not solved complete my problem. With hidden Statusbar it is now fullscreen, like expected but the app does absolutely nothing. When I press the buttons it does not react. Any idea?
Thanks in advance

You all doing a great job here. Support is always very good :)

Return to “Summer School 2013”