Problems resizing buttons

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

houdini042

Problems resizing buttons

Post by houdini042 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I've got the alt double click to work to spread out the MobGUI buttons, but when I try to make more precise alterations to them I have problems:

-I'll change the height of one, then use the height equalizer button to make them all the same height. This just makes the bounding box around the rest the same height, not the buttons themselves.
-I'll try to manually type in a width for the buttons. If a button is say 150 already and I type in 100 for the width, it cuts off the side of the button instead of resizing it.
-The across card distribution button spreads them out, but the left- and right-most buttons end up off the edge of the card.

I'd like to be able to be sure that the buttons are all the same width, that they are distributed evenly to the edge of the card, and that the group of them is centered. I'm probably missing something super basic :)

dbcbos

Re: Problems resizing buttons

Post by dbcbos » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 pm

The things you do only work on a normal object, not on a group object control. (Since you resize the group not the controls within the group control) The simplest way I saw fit was by just dragging them like Elanor did. Then check in the Inspector if there all the same height. For instance the first object I dragged stopped at a height of 82 then I just dragged all the other tab buttons and dragged them until I got 82.

The alt + double click should have put your buttons already all on the same width. In my case 134.

Hope this helps.

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 pm

I ran into the same problem. dbcbos is right about the Mobgui element being a group. I have been going into the Project Browser and selecting just the single element within the group (like just the background) and adjusting the parameters in the inspector for that element. One thing I found is you can type "background" in the filter field of the Project Browser and it will show you all the background layers. Then you can command/control + click on the all the background layers and adjust them all at the same time. I also thought the type was too small so I selected all the type layers this way and made them bigger and nudged them around.

houdini042

Post by houdini042 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Excellent; pointing out that the MobGUI element is a group solved the problem! I was able to select the Graphic: background part of each button together, and then all of those commands I was having problems with before worked. Thanks!

Return to “Summer School 2013”