xCode Issue

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Pip

xCode Issue

Post by Pip » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 am

Had LiveCode community edition for a few months prior to joining Summer School but now using the commercial edition.

With the community edition I was using xCode 4.6 with sdk 6.1 & everything worked well.

After last nights webinar, downloaded commercial edition & MobGUI, that all works fine.

Wanted the xCode sdk 5.1 that is in xCode 4.4. Moved my xCode 4.6 in to another folder, downloaded 4.4, double clicked the download & opened the 4.4.

Everything works & it is definitely xCode 4.4 that I'm using but, when I close xCode & then go to open it again, it is not in Launchpad or in Applications

The only way to start it again is to open the download.

Only had a Mac for a few month so not sure what I've missed, any help gratefully received.

Pip

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: xCode Issue

Post by LCNeil » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Dear Pip,

Thank you for your request.

When you downloaded Xcode 4.4, did you move the Xcode.app to your applications folder? Also, did you add this instance of Xcode to the iOS preferences under "Mobile Support"?

Dear Fredrick Maynor

Thank you for your request.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
-----
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
------

Pip

Re: xCode Issue

Post by Pip » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 am

Thanks Neil

Got it sorted in the end.

Deleted xCode 4.6

Double clicked the xCode 4.4 dmg then dragged it to applications folder.

Then went in to LiveCode & selected the preferences & mobile support & added the 5.1 sdk.

Next I created a new folder in My Documents, called it old xCode Versions & moved xCode 4.4 in to that.

Downloaded 4.6, went in to LiveCode & selected the preferences & mobile support & added the 6.1 sdk.

Pip

Return to “Summer School 2013”