Looking for a Multiple Choice Quiz stack

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

derek

Looking for a Multiple Choice Quiz stack

Post by derek » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:44 am

I need to develop a multiple choice quiz stack, and I am hoping to find an example or template that I can modify to fit my purposes. I know about the Multiple Choice Questionnaire in the Revolution Documentation Sample Projects. I have spent several days trying to modify it, but each time I adapt some aspect to suit my needs, several parts break. I haven't been able to track down and understand all the scripts that are affected by my changes.

I would think that a multiple choice quiz would be one of the most common Revolution tasks, but I haven't found any examples useful to my project, so far. My needs are, for the most part, fairly normal. On each question card, I need to present the varying instructions, the question and offer three or four possible answers. At the end of the quiz, I want to report to the student the number of correct answers out of the total number of questions. I don't want to reveal which answers were correct. Just "5 correct out of a possible 10" or the like. The content of this quiz is static. Once I have created the question cards, entered the questions and answers, and designated the correct answers, I won't have to modify it very often.

My quiz is different than most, in that I need to score four different sections separately. So in the end, I will display for the student something like:

Section 1: 6 of 15
Section 2: 8 of 11
Section 3: 3 of 5
Section 4: 11 of 17

If anyone can point me to some multple choice quiz examples that have something in common with what I need, I would be grateful. Hints about modifying the Revolution Multiple Choice Questionnaire are also welcome.

Thanks,

Derek
Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
University of New Mexico

brucelaidlaw

Multiple choice

Post by brucelaidlaw » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:45 am

I have a Hypercard multiple choice program (a bit old now) called "Choose the Best" at http://go.to/reading.writing/

Let me know if you can't get into it.

ystan2010

Re: Looking for a Multiple Choice Quiz stack

Post by ystan2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 am

Hi,

I am wondering if you still have the Multiple Choice Quiz stack. I went to the website you mentioned but I couldn't find any. Would you mind to send me one or place the link or upload the file here if possible?

Thank you very much in advance!

JYST

brucelaidlaw

Post by brucelaidlaw » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:17 am

I'm not allowed to post the direct page, but if you go to that page, which is for Darlinghurst Gaol, you'll see a link, "Free Software available" Click on that and you'll get the choice of Mac or Windows. Click on the Mac one, and you'll find the hypercard stuff down there.

Good luck

Bruce
My old hypercard stacks are at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/literacy/index.html

ystan2010

Post by ystan2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 am

Hi Bruce,

I found the program in the website finally but I realized that the program is not created by Livecode though. Was it created by WinPlus or something other than Livecode? I am actually looking the multiple choice quiz that is created by Livecode. Let me know if I am wrong about the program you referring to.

Thanks,
JYST

brucelaidlaw

Post by brucelaidlaw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:29 am

Hi again. HyperCard runs on the Mac. There's a Windows version written in Winplus. Click the link that says Software for windows.

B
My old hypercard stacks are at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/literacy/index.html

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”