Best Tree Control?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

DaltonCalford

Best Tree Control?

Post by DaltonCalford » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

On the runrev store there are two different tree controls but when I tried to do a search on how well they work/are supported, I found very little information.

Can someone give me some feedback in regards to which is better and why.

Thanks

Dalton

shaosean

Re: Best Tree Control?

Post by shaosean » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 am

Both come with a "demo" mode so you can see which one works best for you..

DaltonCalford

Post by DaltonCalford » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 pm

I have "demo'd" many different pieces of software over the years, but that does not help when you find a limit in the documentation or bug in the code and you try to resolve it. I have had great support from runrev so far and I am confident in them, but I am finding little information in regards to either tree control. I don't see the ability to pay for the source for the control, so if there is no support, I may be painting myself into a corner with using them.

So, I am looking for feedback from those who use them. How has the support been? - the documentation? how limiting is the control once you get past the superficial and start really using it in a production environment?

malte

Post by malte » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi,

my company used all the trees that are available for liveCode. By far the best is the upcoming rTree v. 2.0, which I have the honour being able to help beta testing. I even happened to write up a little newsletter article about it:

http://www.runrev.com/newsletter/july/i ... p?a=nws113

So far, support has been really really awesome. I guess it is hard to find a more enthusiastic liveCoder than Mats! For now rTree is certainly your best bet.

Hope that helps,

Malte

DaltonCalford

Post by DaltonCalford » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks Malte,

That is what I needed to hear!

best regards

Dalton

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”