FILE TAGS & Recursive searches....

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

atienne

FILE TAGS & Recursive searches....

Post by atienne » Tue May 22, 2007 1:52 am

The VERY Newbie asks:

2 Questions

Does anyone know if there is a plugin or module that will let me read MP3 tags.

and

Can someone point me in the right direction to coding the ability for the file/folder command to search for or list files in folders below the set directory.

Like the software. A Little spendy, but I want to make sure I can do all I would like to do before plunking down the $$.

Thanks

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by BvG » Tue May 22, 2007 1:10 pm

the mp3 tags are normally called ID3. There is a implementation to read them on revOnline:

User: Mark Smith
Category: Utilities
Name: id3lib 0.2

Maybe that fits your needs. Alternatively you could read them yourself out, there are some examples in the use list for that (ie. this post by Richard Gaskin).

The same applies to recursive directory walkers, altough there are many more approaches for that. Some are using applescript and/or the shell() function, but others have made their own revolution native handlers.

One example is this post by Goeff Canyon, he searches for html files. Of importance is that there are folders that you should not folllow on unix as well as mac os x systems ("." and ".."). Read the answer from Sivakatirswami on that topic.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Mark Smith

Re: FILE TAGS & Recursive searches....

Post by Mark Smith » Mon May 28, 2007 2:28 pm

atienne wrote:The VERY Newbie asks:

Does anyone know if there is a plugin or module that will let me read MP3 tags.
In fact, I've just updated the library so it can write as well as read id3 tags.
The place to get it from is:

http://www.futility.co.uk/futsoft/revolutionstuff.html

Best,

Mark

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”