incomplete userguide?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

oomhenk

incomplete userguide?

Post by oomhenk » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:34 pm

hello all
I'm trying the rev media demo to see if it does what I need.
I want to find out about using (interactive) video and audio and the user guide refers to a section "working with media" (on pages 87, 88) but this section is nowhere to be found.
am I missing something here?
also the quickstart mentions a pdf of slide show builder but this doesn't launch either.
It seems to me like the manual is lacking or is there another one somewhere to be found?

help is appreciated before I decide if I should buy this program or not.

best regards
oomhenk

jthurs51

Post by jthurs51 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 am

oomhenk,

I am also evaluating Rev Media. For what is worth, it seems to me that the documentation is indeed incomplete, but the program is also quite powerful.

If you are interested in using quicktime I found this "addon" that is also poorly documented, but priced accordingly (ie free)

http://www.bluemangolearning.com/develo ... ncedqt.php

Best of luck!
-JT

oomhenk

Post by oomhenk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 am

thanks jt, I'll have a look at it.
I also found the online conferences that showed me part of the things I was looking for.
enough to buy the program anyway because it looks like it can do what I want, now lets hope I can do what the program wants (I am a total newbie in writing scripts)
one of the problems of finding info is that you have to use the vocabulary of the program when looking, and not normal english terms like 'full screen' if you're looking to find ways to get a video to play full screen.(still haven't found that one)
but It sure feels like a powerful program.

malte

Post by malte » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi,

just wanted to say that we are here to help you. :-)

if you want to play a video in full screen mode, you will need to resize the stack window and the player object accordingly.

You might want to calculate the correct aspect ratio to not distort the movie while playing. So you might want to look up

height, width, formattedHeight, formattedWidth in the Dictionary part of the Documentation. If you want I can whip up a demo script to resize a movie to fullscreen.

all the best,

Malte

oomhenk

Post by oomhenk » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:57 pm

hello malte
thanks, this sounds like a great comunity.
if it's not too much of a problem I would like that demo script very much.
I am using a movie as a videoclip because I don't want the quicktime controls and I think it might load faster that way (I need several movies connected to each-other after a mouse click) but I read it would be better to use a player, is that true?. program size is no object here and I like movies to be embedded (I want to use several short ones of about 1 second)

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”