Welcome to the getting started with Revolution Media forum!

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

kevinmiller
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Welcome to the getting started with Revolution Media forum!

Post by kevinmiller » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:54 pm

Runtime Revolution would like to welcome you to the announcements forum!

Please review the general forum FAQ at http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/faq.php for etiquette on posting in Revolution forums.

The purpose of this forum is for discussion of how to use Revolution Media. Revolution Media is Runtime Revolution's toolbox addition for creating interactive digital products and software utilities. Just opening up Revolution Media and don't know where to start? Welcome!

This forum is an official forum run by Runtime Revolution, Ltd. There are employees of Runtime Revolution that visit these forums, however there is not constant observation. If you notice someone breaking the rules, being abusive, asking or sharing warez, or violating the general terms and conditions of using the site or Runtime Revolution products, we hope you will take the time to report these violations to a forum moderator.

Thank you again for being a Runtime Revolution customer! I look forward to your participation here on this forum - its the best place to share your tips, tricks and techniques with Revolution.

Kind regards,

Kevin Miller, CEO
Runtime Revolution

Clodgoo

First and hopefully last rescue help

Post by Clodgoo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks for the Welcome,
moving now to runrev after 22 years with SuperCard, I'm facing my first challenge !
While using the demo "Sqlite sample", the first button I press provides the following

Function: error in function handler
Function is : revOpenDatabase

Apparently same behaviour with other functions in that stack...

And no error code table available in the browsed ref. documents.

Is there anyone able to help ?

Claude

shadowslash

Re: Welcome to the getting started with Revolution Media forum!

Post by shadowslash » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 am

Since you posted under Getting Started with Revolution Media, I presume your copy of RunRev is revMedia right? If it is, I think revMedia has a few limitations and that includes accessing databases. For more information about the comparison of the products, see this link -> http://revmedia.runrev.com/beginners-gu ... e-anytime/
Parañaque, Philippines

Clodgoo

Re: Welcome to the getting started with Revolution Media forum!

Post by Clodgoo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:01 am

Ooops,
right, I did not nitice the big warning in the Dictionnary
... 'will have to move to upgraded version !
Cheers

bicobalt

Re: Welcome to the getting started with Revolution Media for

Post by bicobalt » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:33 am

Hey... :shock:

Today's my first day on the forums. I'm a complete beginner to LiveCode... where can I get some tutorials on how to program with an eye toward games, as in for iOS? All I've found upon looking to an extent that I consider high but that might seem laughable to someone with real experience on these forums is a directive on what to do after you've programmed your game (how annoying! :x), incredibly basic (but existent, at least) tutorials that cover subjects like buttons, text fields, etc., and a downloadable sheep-herding game (the one that was supposedly programmed in three hours).

I'm pretty sure that this isn't where I should be posting such things, but hopefully someone will give me a nod toward a more appropriate location for such an outreach. Again, first day.

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by BvG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

http://lessons.runrev.com

THe best way to learn stuff is to try it out, using the dictionary for hints. There used to be basic intros to all aspects of the language, but they got replaced by the documentation pdf, so there's quite alot of interesting stuff there.

Malte's Animation Engine has a subforum here, and he's done quite a few examples, I also have a game related examples on my site.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Rajashekharaiah M

Post by Rajashekharaiah M » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 am

is there any videos like getting started with live code with examples......plz send me the links

yerak

Post by yerak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 am

Hi to everyone here. I am new to this forum. I want to know more about a Live Code , I am a complete beginner. I want to learn to program in Live Code only as a hobby.
I hope I will find a lot of help in this forum. :D

raeesumer

Post by raeesumer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 am

I am new to the Live Code and Application development. I already have the academy tutorials and livecode from Kickstarter. Hope i can pick some knowledge from them and start learning about application development.

I will come back to this forum for any help.

boysky76

Post by boysky76 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new and I want to know how to put a new topic, when I try to insert tells me that I can not enter web addresses Linko, but I need to post the code to understand to what I need.

I 'm sorry for my English but I am Spanish, and there is not much documentation LiveCode in Spanish.

Thank you all, I await response,

Best Regards

Traxgeek

Post by Traxgeek » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:24 am

Hi, and welcome,

I'm pretty new myself but, (I stand to be corrected) I think you cannot post html links (to other web pages etc) until you have completed a number of posts (like 10, I think).

You could simply type out the web address with one or more inserted spaces so that people know what you mean without the engine detecting it being a web address and blocking it (I think that's legal) OR you could simply copy and paste your code in order to complete your question.

HTH
Best of luck.
Last edited by Traxgeek on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 'getting there'... just far too slowly !
Mac (Siera) and PC (Win7)
LiveCode 8.1.2 / 7.1.1

FredBeck

Post by FredBeck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi there,
I have a warning telling me I cant post url adresses, but there were no urls in my message. this is a test.

FredBeck

Post by FredBeck » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Ok it worked. I'm 100% sure there is no url in the text I was trying to post. I tried to copy paste in a new window but had the same warning again...
Do youknow what could case this?

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi friends,

you need a certain amount (10, i think) of postings, before you can post URLs.

But you can writen them with SPAES in the address, so the forum software will not recognize them!
Like this:
w w w . mysite . c o m

:D

Best

Klaus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”