LiveCode on Kindle Fire

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

stam

Re: LiveCode on Kindle Fire

Post by stam » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:14 am

Yeh I always wondered why there wasn't more focus on abstracting mobile controls so they are as simple to use as desktop controls...

mcelvain

Post by mcelvain » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:53 am

Thank-you for all your informed responses !

You are correct in assuming I was asking if there is the equivalent of a Mac LC stand-alone that would be able to run on a fire Kindle, or eventually an iPhone.

I'm guessing that such an ap would have to bring many of its own resources on board in order to run, probably making it too large for tablets or phones.

On the other hand, Kindle has an ap that works beautifully on both iPhone and Fire tablets to retrieve docs uploaded from my Mac to the web through their Macintosh friendly ap.

Of course, the main player in that scenario is the web and presumably whatever code runs the Kindle servers.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:36 am

If Kindle can run Android apps then it should be able to run LC Android standalones. Can you sideload apps on a Kindle?
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

bwmilby

Post by bwmilby » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:57 pm

jacque wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:36 am
If Kindle can run Android apps then it should be able to run LC Android standalones. Can you sideload apps on a Kindle?
Have not tried recently but I did have an app I built loaded to my Kindle back at the San Jose conference.
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:37 pm

About 4 years ago I was able to sideload android apps onto a Fire tablet. It was quite an effort to get USB drivers to allow the device to be recognised and enter USB debugging mode but once installed it worked just fine.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”