A.I.

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

mcelvain

A.I.

Post by mcelvain » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:31 pm

A.I. question:

I have been writing an expanding translation stack which inputs SC stacks and spits out LC stacks.

Still too messy to share.

An unexpected problem is that I’m interpreting SC stacks written during a sharp learning curve.

This curve is almost as sharp as my current LC curve.

So I need to renormalize the curves, somehow.

Would A.I. code offer a solution?

Example: I would input both SC and LC scripts from varying SC authoring dates, and A.I. would identify a trend; possibly even make predictions about what SC inputs it might receive next.

A “trend” would equate to useful translational code, right ?

Example within example: SC code for AppleScript calls is something like:

put tCode into tApplescript
get Script(do,AppleScript,tAppleScript)

… and LC’s solution is a simple find/replace:
local tApplescript
do tApplescript as Applescript

However, Apple is probably discontinuing support for AppleScript.

So I will need to be able to translate AppleScript calls into something else; perhaps Perl

At this point, I’m just having LC look for strings with “get Script(do,Applescript” present in a given line of code, then replacing it with a LC equivalent.

It could be that A.I. might have some ideas that would give my old SC scripts the kind of forward flexibility that my aging brain can, at present, come up with.

So, there is a primary question here regarding A.I., and, I suppose a secondary question regarding the future for AppleScript in LC; with perhaps a nod toward platforms like “Perl.”

What do the experts think?

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: A.I.

Post by richmond62 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”