"while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class" error

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

kim yongsun

"while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class" error

Post by kim yongsun » Tue May 16, 2023 7:10 pm

Hello,

I'm developing a standalone application using LiveCode, and I'm encountering the "standalone application could not compile service support class" error. I would like to understand the situations in which this error occurs.

I have taken the following steps to resolve the issue:

Updated LiveCode to the latest version.
Correctly set up the Android SDK and its path.
Checked the Manifest file and added the appropriate entry for the service support class.
However, the error still persists. Please let me know if there are any additional factors I should consider to resolve the problem.

Thank you.

kim yongsun

Re: "while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class" error

Post by kim yongsun » Wed May 17, 2023 8:05 am

I've checked out "standalone application settings" and I've read it's posts posted on this issue on this forum but it didn't help, java also re-installed with the latest version, what's the problem?

thank you

Klaus

Re: "while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class" error

Post by Klaus » Wed May 17, 2023 8:49 am

Hi Kim,
kim yongsun wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:05 am
... java also re-installed with the latest version, what's the problem?
LC definitively needs JAVA version 8 to be installed, will not work with a later or latest version of JAVA!
Maybe that is the problem?

Best

Klaus

AndyP

Post by AndyP » Wed May 17, 2023 4:54 pm

Hi Kim,
I had the same problem and it turned out that there was a problem with having a SDK build tool higher than supported by my version of Livecode.

I had SDK build tools folders
28.x
29.x
30.x
31.x
33.x

LiveCode 9.6.5 - 9.6.8 supports API 30
LiveCode 9.6.9 supports API 31

To solve the problem, close Livecode, rename the SDK folders above 31.x assuming you are using 9.6.9 as they are not yet supported by Livecode.

Then restart Livecode.

Hope this helps.
Andy Piddock
https://livecode1001.blogspot.com Built with LiveCode
https://github.com/AndyPiddock/TinyIDE Mini IDE alternative
https://github.com/AndyPiddock/Seth Editor color theming
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/897/ LiveCode-Multi-Search

kim yongsun

Post by kim yongsun » Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 pm

thank you Klaus
now my PC was installed java "jre-8u371-windows-x64" upgrade version, you mean just "jre-8-windows-x64" ?
and
thank you AndyP
I had a problem when I used LiveCode 9.6.8,
this message appeared "the chosen folderis not a valid Android SDK ~ "
but when I installed Livecode 9.6.9 and API 31, the problem was solved
but know I get "while saving the standalone application could not compile service support class" error
then do I need rename the SDK folders?
and still I don't understand your mean of rename, do you mean reinstall? or rename?
thanks lot

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed May 17, 2023 7:41 pm

kim yongsun wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 pm
thank you Klaus
now my PC was installed java "jre-8u371-windows-x64" upgrade version, you mean just "jre-8-windows-x64" ?
Sorry, don't know, i'm a Mac user.

kim yongsun

Post by kim yongsun » Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 am

thank Klaus
You're welcome. It can help.
I'll try everything I can on your advice

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Thu May 18, 2023 8:50 am

I actually have JRE 8.build something AND 10 on my laptop which used to work fine, as long as the JDK path in LC preferences showed the v 8.x version.
Then I had a hiatus on coding for Android, had a new phone for which I could not buld an app. The Android SDK was also moaning about being out of date when I tried to work out what was wrong.
So I reinstalled with latest Android Studio.
Meh, lots of errors, specifically about D8 being compiled with a version too recent (build 55, while only up to 52 being supported).
So I messed about with the JRE and uninstalled v 10 with same errors.

Then Andy's post in this thread referenced the build tools versions above 31 being unsupported by LC yet. A bit more messing around and then I got to the stage where it passed the original error (Thanks Andy!) and had it halt with being "unable to fetch bundletool.jar"

I found if I selected to build for x86 version not x86_64 then the build completed and installed on my phone. (Even though it's a 64 bit processor)

kim yongsun

Post by kim yongsun » Mon May 22, 2023 11:01 am

hi Klaus, AndyP, SparkOut
Thank you
I've solved this problem
It's all thanks to you, but this time I have another new problem
"could not link resources - error C:/users~"
There are a series of difficult problems, but after searching, I don't think the solution will be difficult, thank you all for your interest

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”