Ask dialog and answer dialog

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

CAsba

Ask dialog and answer dialog

Post by CAsba » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:12 am

Hi,
For some reason (???) my project no longer contains those dialogs, both as viewed in the project browser (not there), and in the standalone version (boxes do not appear). Any ideas how I can get my version 10 to include them. (I have already tried re-installing it).

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Ask dialog and answer dialog

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:16 pm

Hello CAsba,

Have you checked the "Ask Dialog" and "Answer dialog" rows in the Inclusions list (in the standalone application settings)?

Kind regards,
Panos
--

CAsba

Post by CAsba » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:11 pm

Hi Panos,
The inclusions lines ask and answer dialogs were already checked, when making the standalone. The project browser does not show them. The dialogs work in the IDE, but not in the standalone.
Previously I had made a deskltop folder 'Livecode' and I did all the work and standalones through that folder. It occurred to me that the error messages re the dialogs could have been caused by the livecode files being in two places on the computer. So I moved the files to the folder specified in the installation, users>owner>appdata>roaming>runrev>components. Now, when I try to make a standalone I get the error message "A stack Answer dialog is already in memory....result in dsata loss" and the programme freezes, I have to do Ctrl-alt-delete to get out.

CAsba

Post by CAsba » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:28 pm

Hi Panos,
Stop right there ! The last time it froze I left it and in the fullness of time it 'unfroze' to reveal that the ask and answer dialogs were now included in the project browser, together with the runrevicons stack which I deleted, following your previous instruction, and it is now working perfectly again. Let's hope it stays that way !
Charles

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”