Code editor window

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

anmldr

Code editor window

Post by anmldr » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:33 am

My code editor window no longer shows the bottom pane where you could read about errors, etc. What can I do to turn this back on?
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 7.28.23 PM.png
TIA,
Linda

PBH
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Code editor window

Post by PBH » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am

Not too sure if this will work, but you could try putting this into the Message Box and hit enter:

Code: Select all

send "actionResizeStack, true" to card "main" of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1"
As far as I can see, it should force the window to resize all of the panes properly. Make sure the Script Editor window is open first.

There is another thread about this problem in an older version of LC here:

https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.p ... ack#p71427

If that doesn't work you may need to quit LC then delete the LiveCode Preferences files, called "livecode7.rev" and "livecode.rev". On a Mac they are in the User⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩⁩ ▸ RunRev folder. On Windows it's here: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RunRev\Preferences\livecode.rev
I'm not sure how that translates to Linux, but if you search for a "RunRev" folder you may find it. The downside of this is that you will need to reset any preferences that you have changed from the default settings.

Paul

anmldr

Post by anmldr » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 am

I actually don't have a RunRev folder on my Mac. But part of what you said made sense to me. I just reset all Preferences to the default...there is a button for that in the Preferences panel...and it worked.

Thank you.
Linda

PBH

Post by PBH » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 am

anmldr wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 am
I actually don't have a RunRev folder on my Mac.
You will have, but it may be hidden. Sorry I should have thought of that.

Pleased you have it working now. :-)

Paul

anmldr

Post by anmldr » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I downloaded the new 9.6.0. It is behaving badly too in the same way as we were discussing.

Once I saw the code window and the project browser actually have tabs within ONE window...just like with a browser and having several tabs open. That configuration actually went away as soon as I closed the window to go back to viewing a card. It never has happened again.

Also, I can correct the size of the code window and the next time that I open it, it may or may not be like the initial image that I uploaded to this thread. Freaky. I cannot replicate this every time that I open LC. Crazy, crazy happenings on my MacBook Pro 2015 model with High Sierra and LC 9.5.1 and now 9.6.0.

Linda

PBH

Post by PBH » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 am

Unfortunately, LC does tie itself in knots occasionally, and the only way around this is to delete the preference files.

Be aware, this will completely re-set LiveCode back to the default settings, but it should clear the issues that you have;

Quit LiveCode

Go to the Mac Finder, in the Finder Menubar choose "Go > Go To Folder" or just type the shortcut Shift Command G

Type (or paste)

Code: Select all

~/Library/Preferences/RunRev
Now trash the two LiveCode files, close the folder and empty the trash.

Launch LiveCode and re-set any preferences you need to stay.

Paul

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”