[Solved] How to style text and add images to Content Area of field?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

ValiantCuriosity

Re: [Solved] How to style text and add images to Content Area of field?

Post by ValiantCuriosity » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:17 am

Think of it as a quick cheat (but maybe not the best cheat)
OK @Bogs,
I'll bite. What is a better way to insert an image into a scrolling field than using "image source"?

I'm relieved that there is an option for this in LC, but trying to insert these photos at the proper char/line is a challenge. It takes a lot of time. I've worked all day to do something in LC that can be done in HTML/CSS in maybe 10 minutes or so. That, of course, depends on the css that needs to be added.

The LC field doesn't display the photos nicely until they are run so it is hard to adjust them properly. is there a way to do this in message box that is similar to the html text trick?

Code: Select all

set the htmlText of field "Field" to field "Field"
I know a lot of this is ignorance in the way LC works. I'm just interested in other ways to achieve the results.

Thanks again,
-Rachel
May I never be cured of my curiosity! :D

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:59 pm

ValiantCuriosity wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:17 am
OK @Bogs,
I'll bite. What is a better way to insert an image into a scrolling field than using "image source"?
Well, I would say not using a field at all, instead using the Browser Widget as I replied in your feature request a bit ago :D

Of course, I don't use the newer versions of Lc at all, so I am probably way off on that, but I think it works on mobile. As I said in the reply there, I think that is a better, easy, and correct way to get to where you want to be. Just treat it like a field.

ValiantCuriosity

Post by ValiantCuriosity » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks @Bogs,

I'll look at the Browser object/widget in more detail...

So many objects. So little time. :D

-Rachel
May I never be cured of my curiosity! :D

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”